Family Child Care Agency
The Family Child Care Agency is a service of Family and Child Care Connections. The agency is for family child care providers and parents who are looking for family child care in the St. John's and surrounding area.
Family child care providers may affiliate with the Family Child Care Agency. Affiliated providers agree to follow the Child Care Services Legislation for Family Child Care and benefit from the many resources offered through the agency that support quality family child care.
What are the benefits of the Family Child Care Agency?
- Child care registry of parents looking for child care and approved child care providers who have spaces available
- Workshops and training related to quality child care and parenting issues
- Toy, equipment and resource lending libraries
- Transportation for child care providers and children to attend playgroups
- Parents and child care providers meet at meetings, workshops, social events and special outings
Who does the agency serve?
The Family Child Care Agency serves families and child care providers in St. John's, Mount Pearl, Conception Bay South, the Goulds, Torbay, Portugal Cove and other surrounding areas within the St. John's Region.
The Family Child Care Agency is governed by the Child Care Services Act and funded through the Department of Health of Community Services under the National Child Care benefit reinvestment Program (NCB) with the government of Newfoundland and Labrador. The agency is licensed through the Child Care Services Division, Eastern Health.